Real estate revitalization
The listed, historic Walzmühle, a Wilhelminian style building from 1904, and once one of the largest mills in Europe, gives its name and creates identity.
- Urban development framework plan: Living, working and leisure on the waterfront
- Size of the area: 300.000 m2
- Site development and project initiator: W.E.G. Economic Development Corporation Ludwigshafen a.Rh. mbH with Beate Lichner as managing director
- Service center in the historic Walzmühle
- Walzmühle shopping center
- Parking garage with 1,200 parking spaces
- Multiplex cinema
- East Asia Institute of the Ludwigshafen University of Applied Sciences
- Ernst Bloch Center
W.E.G. also moderated the complex processes between property owners, investors and municipal authorities.
Among W.E.G.'s main tasks were:
- Deconstruction and redevelopment of industrial sites
- Market clarifications for further marketing
- Negotiations with monument protection authorities in connection with industrial monuments
- Negotiations with water protection authorities; the East Asia Institute is located in a flood retention area.
- Acquisition of users and investors