East Asia Center
- Utilization concept: university institute with lecture and seminar rooms, library and office space for the institute's management
- Usable floor space: 3,600 m²
- Tenant: University of Economics (State of Rhineland-Palatinate)
- Architect: Hans Weber, Heidelberg
- Client: Fay Group
- Project initiator: W.E.G. Economic Development Corporation Ludwigshafen a.Rh. mbH with Beate Lichner as managing director:
"The East Asia Center was the first milestone in the Rheinufer South superstructure. In a prominent location, directly on the waterfront promenade, it stands on stilts. The associated architectural lightness also serves to meet flood protection regulations."